Lots of things have changed over hundreds of years, from clothes to foods. As people's life expectancy is getting longer, they value how healthy they will be over how long they will live. Accordingly, modern people focus on the new way of diets to live healthier lives.
to the general principle. This is a new way of eating. We can try this, sustaining the state of hunger once or twice a week for sixteen to twenty-four hours. Then, you can eat anything in the other days. However, that does not mean that you can eat anything you want, including high-calorie foods. In other words, intermittent fasting is the process of controlling the balance of eating. That means you should control the day of meals when you eat. You can also choose two consecutive days which you want like Monday dinner and Tuesday morning. Choosing the day is up to you, following your bio-rhythm. Your body was created to maintain life in a state of hunger physically and mentally. Based on that theory, you can try the intermittent fasting.
Various diets such as intermittent fasting, macrobiotics, and low salt-diet are interesting to people. As lots of new diets appear, you have to know about each feature of the diets to find and use the ones that fit you well.
People are taking for granted the idea about eating three times a day. Also, these days, people are eating things any time they want without any rule. Intermittent fasting is a challenge
This new way of eating has several effects.
1. You can lose weight. It might be natural because you did not eat anything.
2. Your insulin level can decrease. When we digest food, insulin is secreted. Insulin changes in two ways. It changes to energy, but the rest of the insulin that did not get consumed becomes a fat cell. As a result, a high level of insulin is dangerous to becoming obese. After intermittent fasting, though, the level of insulin drops.
3. The level of the hormone named IGF-1 decreases. IGF-1 is the hormone that affects the growth of the body cells, but when this hormone decreases, the effect of anti-aging starts, and this protects us from diseases.
Tip: You should consider your body and health before you start intermittent fasting.
Lately, lots of people are used to eating fast food. Consequently, contemporary people’s health is becoming worse
than before. People who worry about their health pay attention to the vegetarian diet. Moreover, a new movement of eating has started: macro-biotic, which is a kind of vegetarian diet.
This idea started in Japan, so in Western countries, going macro-biotic is recognized as ‘the Eastern meal’. The word macro-biotic originates from Greek, meaning “great life”. It seeks two kinds of principles. One is the Sintoburi, and the other one is Ilmuljeonche. The former means that you should eat domestic food, and the latter means that you should eat everything from peel to seed without anything left. Through these principles, you can minimize loss of nutrients in the ingredients of the food. Also, it restricts use of meat, dairy products, and artificial seasoning. Sugar and alcohol are forbidden.
This new way of eating has several effects.
1. Going macro-biotic helps to discharge the bodily waste from your body. Then, the diseases and skin trouble related to bodily waste decrease.
2. Through healthy food, you relieve dysmenorrhea (pain from cramping).
3. Your dull sense of taste can recover.
4. A diet based on macro-biotics helps with prevention of adult diseases including asthma, diabetes mellitus, and cancer.
5. To cure atopic dermatitis, the macro-biotic diet is effective.
Tip: A macrobiotic diet focuses on balancing acts of intake, so you do not have to buy every food that is used in the macrobiotic diet.
Low sodium diet
Lately there is a lot of fast food. The remarkable characteristic of fast food is its long preservation. To preserve food for a long time, the food has to contain a lot of sodium. In other conditions, there is too much sodium. As a result, people overtake sodium. To prevent overtaking sodium, the low sodium diet becomes popular among people. It consists of healthy ingredients that have less sodium and fewer calories but which have rich nourishment. The main feature of this diet is that it consists of food that is in-season. Food that is in-season is effective to change from the salted dishes easily. Also, most of the low sodium diet consists of vegetables. Vegetables have dietary fiber, conjugated linoleic acid and carnitine, which help to prevent obesity and decrease fat.
Here are some basic guidelines that will help you get started:
• Control the sodium in your diet. Decrease the total amount of sodium you consume to 2,000 mg (2g) per day.
• Learn to read food labels. Use the label information on food packages to help you to make the best low-sodium selections.
• Include high-fiber foods such as vegetables, cooked dried peas and beans (legumes), whole-grain foods, bran, cereals, pasta, rice and fresh fruit. Fiber is the indigestible part of plant food that helps move food along the digestive tract, better controls blood glucose levels, and may reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood. Foods high in fiber include natural antioxidants, which reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. The goal for everyone is to consume 25 to 35 grams of fiber per day.
• Maintain a healthy body weight. This includes losing weight if you are overweight. Limit your total daily calories, follow a low-fat diet and exercise regularly to achieve or maintain your ideal body weight.
A variety of new diet programs have been appearing dramatically, as we have seen. Also, the increasing effects of the new diet program make people’s live healthier. However, do not forget to consider your own bio-rhythm when you choose the new diet program.